Now I am officially out of the great reading slump of 2017, I thought I would do a little review of my reading so far this year. Hopefully it will make me read more!!
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017.
This book!!! It really is The Breakfast Club meets Pretty Little Liars. Five students are in detention and one dies, but who did it? There are so many twists and turns and you find yourself second guessing yourself the whole way through. Plus, Nate? Enough said.
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2017.
I haven’t actually read a sequel yet (currently reading Winter!), but as soon as I finish that, The Wise Man’s fear is next on my list.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
I am super excited to read this! ‘when a game called Warcross takes the world by storm, one girl hacks her way into its dangerous depths. For the millions who log in every day, Warcross isn’t just a game – it’s a way of life’
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Do I need to say more?
5. Biggest disappointment.
Thankfully, I haven’t had one yet!
6. Biggest surprise.
Whilst I only gave this 4/5, it did surprise me how much I enjoyed it. I’m not a huge fan of reading over hyped books, as it usually ruins it for me, but this I really enjoyed.
7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)
I don’t like to say favourite, because I have only read one of her books, but I would have to say Karen M McManus, as One of us is lying is my favourite book so far.
8. Newest fictional crush.
Nate – One of us is lying
9. Newest favorite character.
I keep going on about one of us is lying… I know.. but Bronwyn. She reminds me so much of Spencer from PLL. I just adore her.
10. Book that made you cry.
Another one that hasn’t happened yet, but I predict when I finally get round to reading I Was Here, it may happen.
11. Book that made you happy.
12. Favorite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
I was majorly excited for Everything, Everything.. but this lovely man stole my heart and soul and I am BEYOND excited to see IT🎈
13. Favorite review you’ve written this year. (Booktube version: Favourite video you have done so far in this year)
The sun is also a star.
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
I have heard many of great things about this book, and can not wait to pick it up, by far my favourite purchase.
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Oh God, so many!! Main ones I wish to finish are:-
The Wise Mans Fear – Patrick Rothfuss
Marissa Meyer – Heartless
Stephen King – IT
Veronica Roth – Carve The Mark
Winter – Marissa Meyer
Library of Souls – Ransom Riggs
Hope you all aren’t freaking out about your reading challenges as much as I am!
Happy reading everyone x