2016 was an eventful and amazing year for me. It was full of change, but for the good! Sadly though, reading took a back foot!
Well this is all about to change.. I hope.
Last year, I sadly only read 17 out of 30 books, which I’ll be honest, was a poor attempt from me. This year, I have set my goal slightly lower (25 books), but will challenge myself to beat it!
Here are a few books that I fell in love with in 2016, and the books I am excited for in 2017!..
2016 Books I Loved
- Scarlet – Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles – Book 2)
- Cress – Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles – Book 3)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – John Tiffany & J K Rowling
- Illuminae – Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (The Illuminae Files – Book 1)
- Gemina – Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (The Illuminae Files – Book 2)
- All The Bright Places – Jennifer Niven
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer – Michelle Hodkin (Mara Dyer – Book 1)
My absolute favourite / love of 2016
Everything, Everything – Nicola Yoon
This book! ❤ I went into this not knowing much about it. I had of course heard the good comments about it, but didn’t really read what it was about. For this, I am thankful. If you want a book that makes you fall in love, and cry, then this is for you. It is such a beautiful story of love, but it’s not just the lovey dovey book you are used to, it is also a story of love a mother has for her child, and the lengths she will go to, too protect them.
If you have ever read a Jodi Picoult book, you will love this.
Books I’m excited for, for 2017
- Carve the Mark – Veronica Roth (Carve the Mark – Book 1)
- Wires and Nerve Volume 1 – Marissa Meyer
- We Are Okay – Nina LaCour
- Warcross – Marie Lu
- Strange the Dreamer – Laini Taylor
- Illuminae Book 3! – Aimee Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
I wish you all an amazing 2017! Heres hoping its a wonderful year of reading, fun, and happiness!